WEBFLOW >> Progressie Web Apps >> DOABLE!

Using the Webflow Exported Zip files, we are able to generate a fully functional Progressive Web App.

What we need is the Webflow Project Zip Export, which we will then analyze and configure as a PWA that can be immediately deployed via “https” URL.

It does not, however, link back to the Webflow Project, so if changes are made, we will need to regenerate the PWA again, etc. etc.

If anyone is interested in this kind of support service, just let us know and we can talk.

2 Likes

Hi Herb,

I would be interested in this…
I sent you a PM with some more details…
Feel free to email me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

Best Wishes,
Andrew

Hi there,

I am interested. design@markjohnes.com

Wow, this sounds amazing. I was thinking Webflow cloud actually expose the codebase through an API to export directly into other languages.

For example, it would be great to transfer the webflow design to React components and build a web app with it.

I’ve also added Firebase to some of my Webflow sites, is this something you are exploring?

I’d like to be able to design the app in Webflow and then get the benefits of Firebase. You could definitely do this, but the components are not web app code like Angular/React.

Vry interested in this as an ongoing service rather than a once off. What are your time & price estimates?
I know that is tricky but just looking at a rough worth doing price now.

Thanks for the interest. We are still doing some testing on the conversion process, so not quite ready to let this puppy sprout wings.

Our pricing will depend upon the size of the project, along with the complexities.

This will be a continuing server, re: each time a WF project is upgraded and we receive the zip export file, it will need to be processed and uploaded to the “https” server location (yours or ours).

It isn’t possible to do this directly from within WF, so each change in the project needs to be processed into a PWA, and resulting files uploaded.

Stay in touch as we expect this service to be available before too long.

HERB

2 Likes

Hi)
Please let me know if you rich the goal!
antl3645@gmail.com

Thanks

This would be fantastic! Looking forward to this. hello@willneeteson.com

Same here @herb200mph

Where are you at with it now?

Thanks!

Brooke

UPDATE ON CONVERSION OF WEBFLOW TO PWA:

We are installing a new computer system at the moment and believe we can demonstrate a PWA conversion at some point next week.

Monitor this thread for an update.

5 Likes

@herb200mph - I’m interested! Also, for those tracking here this is an interesting read:

https://www.netguru.co/codestories/few-tips-that-will-make-your-pwa-on-ios-feel-like-native

2 Likes

@rileyrichter Great read, thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome!!! :grinning:

Is there any potential for PWA for hosted webflow CMS websites?

HammerOz: don’t believe WF Hosted will accommodate any PWA, unless they make that available. A “manifest” file is needed that identifies the website assets and configure the service workers - no way to do that with WF Hosted.
We have actually abandoned WF as a platform for our PWA projects in favore of BootStrap Studio, which allows us to export the entire html file group, along with the assets, to our local machine. Once we have those files, we generate a manifest and make a few other changes and upload the files to our “https” server.
When loaded onto a mobile device, and added to the Home Screen, the PWA is accessible, even in airplane mode. Works on phones, pads, tablets, desktops just fine.
Regards.

Hi,

Please can you give more clarity to why you have abandoned Webflow for making PWA’s?
Webflow lets you export all of the html, css, JS & asset files?

Can you get the same result from a BootStrap Studio export the same as Webflow?

Thanks

It wasn’t so much the issue to exporting files from WF, it was “how” things worked. For example: we have the need for vertical accordions that have about 60 tabs. In WF, for every tab that is set to show, you need to code a no-show for the other 59 - and repeat-repeat-repeat for each one. That is an excessive amount of work. In BSS, the tab accordion is much easier to build.

That was a major reason for the change, plus alot of other “easier to use” features for our app project which includes some 80 PWAs, so alot less work overall.

Thanks for the reply. I only just saw this for some reason. Bootstrap studio doesn’t solder the issue of dynamic database CMS driven PWAs

This sounds amazing. Any chance you could drop me an email? scott.christian@ashby-inc.com