I have some great news to share with you — Our engineering team has now resolved the issue you have experienced with your project related to Symbols!
Please make sure you republish your site.
There could still be some unexpected behavior, but this should be resolved in the coming day(s), but in the meantime, there is a workaround for this. If you are still seeing any of the below-described behavior follow the workaround described below.
- Attempting to select an element inside a symbol selects a different element somewhere on the page
- Interactions applied to one element affect one or more additional elements, unexpectedly (most likely one element is inside a symbol)
- Create a temporary blank page (this is required to avoid selecting other elements with duplicate IDs)
- Add an instance of the problematic symbol to the page
- Edit the symbol
- Select the effect/corrupted element that is acting strange
- Copy the element: Command + C (on Mac) or Control + C (on Windows)
- Paste the element (same location) Command + V (on Mac) or Control + V (on Windows)
- Delete the original and keep the copy
- Publish your site
I also like to thank you for your patience and kindness as we worked on resolving this issue, and I want to also take the time to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
If you have any questions, or if there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.