Webflow Support Team not responding

Hi Everyone,

Is the Webflow support team still working? I raised 2 tickets back at the beginning of December and even after chasing numerous times no one has got back to me.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve, I can’t help you with terrible service from Webflow but maybe your issues can be addressed here by the community? Let us know if we can help you.

1 Like

Hi @webdev,

Thank you for reaching out.

There are 2 things actually:

1. Search Functionality
  2. Slow performance when adding products to ecommerce

This is the ticket request for point 1:

• We are using the search function for the first time on one of the sites we have developed in Webflow and dont seem to be able to get it to work. I want to point out, search indexing is not due to refresh until tomorrow.

Upon creating the search page and linking fields to modify the returned details this does not seem to be reflected for some reason. The results returned is either nothing of some weird snippet of text. I have attached a link to the search page and a product page:

Webflow - Eurokart*

Point 2;

• One of our customers is experiencing slow performance when updating/adding categories and products. Sometimes they also see a validation error in the top right when saving but the update has actually saved and sometimes it doesnt.*

Both tickets are related to the same site.

Thanks,

Steve

#1 Re: Search. Can you click the button to create a manual index. Looks like the site has never been indexed.
https://share.getcloudapp.com/4guOdn61

#2 - Make sure the client is not using a browser with extensions enabled. I tell my clients to use incognito mode (extensions are usually off then) when editing their sites. See if the problem persists or clears up. Note that at any point in time there can be network related performance issues that pop up beyond anyones control. The loads are heavy on the net with so many working from home.

Hopefully this is help.

1 Like

Hi @webdev ,

That is strange as the search has been set up for over a month now and it would keep re-indexing as it states on the page. Do you need to index once manually and then webflow automatically indexes?

Yeah have tried incognito but the same problem happens.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi @webdev ,

I have just ran an index again and still seem to be getting the same irrelevant text coming up.

I have created a crude search on the test site so you can see:

www.eurokartnew.webflow.io

Thanks,

Steve

Well that shows the index has been created and search is functional. The issue of what gets indexed is controlled by the settings on an element. The search appears to be working. Can you explain what is not working as you expect?

You are talking about slow performance?

Hi @webdev ,

Its the description that is showing the jargon in the screen shot. I cant seem to understand where this is coming from. Would be great to know.

Thanks,

Steve

I matched it to product description text for queries I ran.

Hi @webdev,

I have figured out what i was seeing. The description of the products when you looked was displaying the product description. I agree this works. But when you use the linked field “snippet” thats when you see some weird stuff:

“Snippet” seems to be a webflow generated field as we dont have this on the website. Have you seen this before?