#WebflowChat💬 👇

Good question! I have a few methods to keep CSS under control, but the two most important so far for me is to create a style guide page as step number 1, and then create a master components page. I try to avoid subclasses for minor things like margins or padding in favor of pixel separators

I haven’t tried out the nested symbol feature yet but that might help when creating master components that may change from page to page such as heros or content blocks.

Writing in American English for my code and then having to write in English English when out and about.
color and colour always catch me out, I once spent well over an hour trying to figure out why my text colour wasn’t working while deep in a project, turned out I wrote colour and not color… and didn’t notice because it was spelt correctly.

1 Like

@AlexMcLean

That is my problem too with scope creep. I hate to say no and love to please clients - and it sometimes causes a problem - because I need to make money too.

I like mikeyevin’s advice. :slight_smile:

Teresa

How do you manage it all when your workload increases? Are you usually glad you said yes in the end or always end up regretting it?

Oh man, I hadn’t even considered the aspect English-English vs American-English when writing code!

Love this advice about setting up really clear and realistic boundaries that also make your client feel heard!

Let us know when you try out the nested symbol feature and if it makes a big difference in your workflow or not.

Lol, that’s one self centered issue :rofl:

did I miss an announcement? we can nest symbols now?

Check out what we shipped in Q1 here.

nested symbols are under the coming up next section. i am confused. did they already ship? i just tested it and got the normal error that symbols can not be nested in each other.

No, you’re right, It’s still underway. But when it does launch, we’d love to hear from y’all on how it works out (we will announce when it launches).

1 Like

cool :slight_smile: thanks for clarifying.

For me it’s the Webflow designer unfortunately. On small sites or landing pages it’s generally not a problem, but as soon as a site grows it frequently becomes unresponsive and unusable. This is destroying my workflow tbh. I raised this issue in the feedback section here.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback.

Definitely missing the ability t set the height of the canvas. Using a wh units is impossible a specially on mobile breakpoints.

Inability to change the guides.

And inability to select background element and “pin it to the foreground” (I know we can change the z-index or hidden property)

4 pages deep already having “.contact-title .DivBlock copy . Welcome2” combo classes. It’s called poor planning and I’m great at it.

It works amazing for me! But it’s pure javascript and that tends to be run in your browser single-threaded for a lot of the process (Chrome team is working on that!). That means tools like webflow - or even facebook - will slow down if your machine is not great with single core performance (or slow/too little RAM)

That’s great for you, but not so great for those who suffer through glitchyness so bad that we can’t work. Do you know where Webflow publishes recommended machine specs?

Not sure if they have that. My post wasn’t meant as bragging, just informing :slight_smile:
If it helps as a reference, I mainly work on an i7 8700K 32GB RAM machine.

Hey :slight_smile:
Thank’s for asking!

I’m very happy with Webflow, I know what Webflow strives for and also what’s required to build such sophisticated systems :blue_heart:

There’s one annoying thing though:
When searching for classes in the style manager tab, —

— the lack of a search function means tediously scrolling though all styles ordered by time of creation.
Just to see where else the class is applied.

Am I missing some obvious trick with this?

3 Likes