Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Weblow tabs not working anymore

Every time i drag and drop TABS on an empty page, i get this mess. I follow EXACTLY AS that funny guy on webflow university does, but it doesnt work. So weird since it was working yesterday and not anymore.

The more I use webflow the more it proves unreliable. Even Wix and other services have easier to use components. Webflow has been really frustrating with drag and drop components. That way there´s no login in paying for a service monthly if in the end, I have to open a scrip window and do it all by hand. If i have to do it all manualy, i ll stick to VScode.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi Lemoura,

I should be able to help out, but your read-only link isn’t working, could you send that again and I’ll see what the problem is. I’m sure it’s a simple fix! :slight_smile:

Steve | 3SIX5 Digital

Hi Steve, thanks a lot for the Help! Well, I found out that the messy tab happens on a project where I am currently very advanced. But when I start a new fresh project, it works fine. Anyway, i managed to get it right by adjusting manually, and now I can finally get the design done. Have you got any idea why the tabs go messy on a fresh page, but not on a fresh project? Thanks!

Sorry, here goes the link:

Hi Lemoura,

Happy to help where I can, tag me in the future if you get stuck. Someone here will be able to help :slight_smile:

I see what you mean. It’s not normally supposed to do that. And when I recreated it on one of my Webflow sites, it was fine.

Right I see what the issue is, basically you have created a style for ‘All links’ to be 20px wide by 20px height. And because the tabs are technically links. It has pulled this site wide base CSS format. If you remove this from all links. Or rename the tabs and remove the style. This will fix the issue! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Steve | 3SIX5 Digital

Hi Steve, that´s what i thought! Maybe in the middle of the frustration I couldn´t sort it out. Any way, it worked now, thanks a lot for you help, i appreciate it! Do you work for webflow?

Hi Lemoura,

Yeah that’s the thing, sometimes it needs a fresh set of eyes to see the solution from a different angle :slight_smile:

I don’t work directly for Webflow but we have been around for years, building sites from the ground up. And thought we would do our little bit to help out, as we used the forums when we started out! Glad to help!

And hopefully things won’t be as stressful in the future!

Best of luck,

Steve | 3SIX5 Digital

1 Like

Hi Steve, sorry for the delay, Thank you once again for your help. I´´ve lost a lot of stuff because of conflicting classes, so i had to rebuild my site from scratch. Webflow looks like a good solution but in the end, it all comes down to coding properly from scratch.

Another issue driving me crazy in this video galley is that the videos dont stop playing once you change the modal. This is SO basic but i saw people on forums whinning about this problem since 2016. Incredible how webflow doesnt add this feature.

Anyway, thank you and see you soon on another topic Lol!