Streaming live at 10am (PST)

WebM background video alpha/transparency not working?

I have created a WebM video with a transparent background that I am using as a background video. Unfortunately the alpha channel doesn’t appear to be working when I publish and view in Chrome. The transparent area just shows as black:

Is there a way to enable the WebM format alpha channel for the background video component in Webflow?

0 Likes

Thanks for posting about this — it definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in – only this project or multiple projects? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

This is my first project using WebM video so this is the first time I have noticed it.

Here is a simple example showing the issue:

https://webm-alpha-error.webflow.io/

Notice the black background on the video… that should be transparent. I encoded the video with the alpha channel so I would assume the black area should actually be showing the red background.

Browser info:

Thanks!

0 Likes

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes