Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TDL)

Hi guys,

Currently facing a problem which I don’t know how to handle. I asked some one to do the SEO for me and he saids my website is blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TDL). If this problem won’t be fixed my site won’t be ranked on Google.

Any one knows what this problem is?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Well, the TLD (not “TDL”, btw) is the “.tech” part of your website URL. Basically, Malwarebytes Browser Guard decided all .tech domains are suspicious. This is an installed application that is not native to browsers (and a crawler wouldn’t be running it), so it shouldn’t affect your SEO. But obviously this is not a great experience for users who have Malwarebytes installed.

For what it’s worth, this doesn’t have anything to do with Webflow – a quick Google search brings up a bunch of threads on the Malwarebytes forums. And it looks like if you post your site there, they maintain a whitelist. IMO it’s a surprisingly inelegant solution to mitigating spam, but that’s the tea.

Non-standard TLD’s (biz/cc/info/xyz/online and so on) are commonly used for malicious purposes. Malwarebytes err on the side of caution to assure that we are protecting our users. If our users encounter a block, they report it (as you did), it gets tested, and if it is determined to be safe, it gets whitelisted.

Hope that helps~

1 Like