Welcome to the Webflow Forum, introduce yourself!

Hellooooo there! I hope you’re all doing great! I just joined this place, and hope to have a great time!
Just passing by for now, hehe. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hey fellow flowies.

My name is Charbel, I’m a Ux/Ui from Beirut, Lebanon. I run a small design studio alongside a comic artist/illustrator & a branding (strategic communication) expert, and together we create brand identities and cool websites. When I’m not designing, I’m a bassist with two local bands (an Arabic soul/jazz band, and an indie “Tarantino-esque” rock band). Here is my Webflow profile page Charbel Hajj | Creative Director at Parabolae Studios in Beirut, Lebanon

I don’t recall how I was introduced to Webflow, but it felt like Christmas ever since I started using it. I had very little idea about how code works, but analyzing exported projects, and researching custom codes to make some features work made me a more complete web designer ^^

Here is the first site I created with Webflow, for a client in Canada : https://www.annapurnacoaching.com/

And the second site is my agency’s portfolio website: https://www.parabolae.co/

Kudos to the Webflow team for an amazing product, and all the cool updates/integrations that keep coming. And cheers to the amazing, helpful and lovely Webflow community :relaxed:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping to prototype a menu navigation system. The webflow interface is somewhat intuitive but not completely. For example, I’m trying to build a left side menu navigation system and for the life of me I can’t find where you add a sub-menu link. Where in the world is this located? Such a simple thing and yet it’s not found easily.

I found a way to add link to the menu but how do I get this changed to sub-menu link? I’m reading the Custom dropdown menu | Webflow University post but its written in general terms which don’t make sense. I can’t imagine how anyone can figure out basic things when there aren’t any detailed instructions.

For example, " Add a second div block inside the dropdown wrapper — you’ll do this in the **[navigator] since the dropdown wrapper has no height on the [canvas]" makes no sense as once you click on “navigator” icon it shows you what’s there but no way to add div block which is contained in elements section. Doesn’t make sense.

You shouldn’t write in a tutorial “do this” and then not tell the user WHERE to find the ADD THIS part of it. Whether it’s a left mouse click or in some menu item you need to define exactly where it is so the user can find it. I guess no one is testing these tutorials after you write them.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Ukasha, @Mr_Finn welcome to both of you! @mavgood welcome! You might want to start a new topic with your question. We try to keep this one purely for introductions.

2 Likes

Hello Lovely Webflow People!

I’m Ariel, a user experience designer and very very new to webflow. I’m excited to be here and learn all about this incredible platform. That being said, I think I will be reaching out to everyone here a bunch.

I noticed that the designer tools are a little different now from when the tutorials were made and I was wondering if someone could point me to any articles about the changes and how they translate from the videos to the current designer? I’m just finding myself running into a few walls and don’t want to get overwhelmed when I can’t find something.

Many thanks and happy to be apart of this community!

1 Like

Howdy, fellow creators!

I’m Lucas, a Designer from Brazil who just got into webflow a few days ago. Hope to see awesome stuff created by you guys and (soon) get feedback on what I’m fiddling around with. Already created a topic on some alignment issues I’m running into, so check it out if you’re good with CSS and think you can help :smiley:

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi my name is Danielle and I am in the process of building a landing page for a first version of app. I look forward to sharing and learning with all of you.

1 Like

Hello Webflow,

Checking in from Belfast, Ireland here, hope all is well with everyone…very excited to be apart of the webflow commmunity. :+1:

quick back story about me & webflow - only if you want to read it, that is

So il start by saying…I’m not a designer or developer and I don’t really have a web background, at all, well not since I tried to learn code from a book 20 years ago, however, I always somehow felt I maybe could be a web designer or developer…or could I even possibly be both at the same time, batman managed ok, but family & work seemed to distract from that & I ended up training in accountancy. Not the most creative career but it has served me well as a business owner for twenty years.

Anyways fast forward, after years of tinkering with adobe software to do basic stuff n all. I then came across webflow 2 years ago and felt so eager that this is the missing link for me and got stuck in learning and do so much learning that I think I froze when it came to the doing part :exploding_head: As in when I had to start my own website for some reason I failed at making it look anything like a professional website. As sorrowful as it sounds my fellow webflowers I then took a decision to just freelance to a local WordPresser. He designed a good enough site but it was built on wordpress, nuf said!

Forgive for me short comings peeps but it was also because of time constraints etc and I just had another baby girl that would make it two under two, told myself I just didnt have the time to do webflow as well as everything else (Also imposter syndrome set in, not a developer, not a designer self talk)! Now we’re a year on and ive battled enough with my own thoughts & emotions of how much better my freelance wordpress website could be if it was a self built webflow masterpiece, and I here I am once again knocking on the door!!

I jumped back in a few weeks ago and things are really starting to click now, im excited about how confident I am to do a new site for our family slush brand here in Ireland. Also, I never reached out to the community before I just rushed in with no plan and tried to start with a fancy animated header and got lost & frustrated and wordpressed!!! No more peeps it’s a webflow way of life for me from now on. I am absolutely determined to build my own site in webflow this time around and will not stop until I do. Midnight oil here I come…reaching out to any fello webflowers that can relate, any help & advice is much appreciated & welcome!

For anyone who interested in the Slush Brand I started its called Slush Monkeys

Our current wordpress website, that’s very much lacking in slick SEO amongst other aspects is:

www.slushmonkeys.co.uk - please wait around for it to load :confounded:

PS Since I came back over to the webflow way of life, I now see lottie integration has been added, thank you webflow, much love, glad to be back!

Slush-Monkeys-Logo-Bkgd-White

3 Likes

Hello Everyone ,
This is Aditya from India,
I am a Student of B.Tech(CSE).
Much love to yall and looking forward to hearing from everyone.

2 Likes

Hey there! :smile:

I’m super pleased to have finally taken the time to look into using Webflow.

I’m very new to using it, all set up now and watching what tutorials I can find. I actually just watched one of the Webflow workshop videos from back in 2016. Great presenter and equally great content.

Excited to learn what I can from this forum.

Have a great Christmas and all the best for 2020

1 Like

Hi folks, I’m Donna, a graphic designer based in Albany, Western Australia (http://dcdesign.net.au/). I’m new to webflow and new to online forums, so basically I have no idea what I’m doing and can see I’ll be needing some help! I mainly focus on design for print, but have previously used Muse to build sites for small business clients who just need a basic online presence. With Muse no longer an option (don’t get me started!) I’m hoping webflow will be my saviour. I’ve been working on rebuilding an existing site (that I originally built in Muse) in webflow and feel like I’m starting to learn the basics, but have a few issues that I haven’t been able to solve via the webflow university resources, so thought I’d give the forum a try. Looking forward to the challenge of getting my head around it all! Cheers, Donna :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dcdesignalbany, @elliot-hr, @Send_noobs and @Halers welcome all of you to the forum! I’m sure you’ll all find this a very valuable place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Ursa and I just started my first Webflow page.
Looking forward to learn new things!

1 Like

@ursa welcome to the forum! Have you had a look at the university yet? There’s so much there to start learning university.webflow.com

1 Like

My name is Movado Jackson. I recently publish a free Bitcoin guide that can be downloaded. I live in Atlanta and love it here. I spend most of my time online. I’m the founder of CryptoZink. I’m glad to be here.

1 Like

Hi there,

Nice to join you all here! I’ve been trying webflow for a few days since I saw Ben Burns’ video about it on the futur yt channel. Very excited about the current state of the tool and it’s possibilities, as well as it’s potential. Seeing the quality of the tooling as-is, I can only imagine great things to come.

A bit about me; I am a designer / front-end hybrid at a large agency. Been doing that for a few years now and it’s a fun gig. Front-end specifically is one area in digital productions where the tooling is not in a healthy state. Off course there are the standards, but in the last few years it’s been more of a headache to stay on top of the ever expanding universe of front-end tooling with regards to code.

I want to help my clients reach their goals with digital custom built projects. Unfortunately in the web coding camp, we’re at this awkward immature state where the ‘defacto standard’ to produce frontend changes like flavour of the month. This results very often in dev teams focussing entirely on which React flavour, which state management lib, which view model, which extra libraries are needed because our framework mix doesn’t do x and y, etc.

Being stuck in this immature state costs a lot of time, money and grinds creativity and innovation to a halt. A lot of dev teams are forgetting the intent of the client because they are so bent on the tooling to work just right, that there is no room for experimentation. That’s why I’d love to explore a different approach to front-end or web development.

1 Like

Hi all!

I’m Lorayne and a total newbie in web design (unless managing my ex-company’s wordpress site counts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I discovered my interest in web design when I realised that I was spending way too much time on the layout and appeal of my ex-company’s website than on the stuff I was actually supposed to do. I would spend hours researching how to get the exact effect/look I wanted, and I enjoyed it so much!

My sister told me about Webflow a few weeks ago when she found out I was starting on Wordpress, and I have just been so drawn into it - watching all the tutorials and poring over reviews and forums.

This might seem too specific for someone who has not had a single project, but I really want to build websites for the F&B and hospitality industry that are able to invoke happy feelings in its’ audience and tempt them to pay a visit :massage_woman: :tropical_drink: :beach_umbrella: That would be my ideal project.

I am so excited for what I can create with Webflow and am hoping to learn lots from everyone here! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello, I am Mike and I am new here, I recently started programming, and I took the decision to join webflow to learn more, please welcome me.

1 Like

@Movado12 welcome! Do share a bit more about yourself. A quick intro and leaving links to your products could be seen as a way to spam or take advantage of the forum’s SEO ratings.

@Ozone welcome! I’m sure you’ll find the forum very helpful!

@Loraynetzq happy to have you on the forum. Have you had a look at the university yet? University.webflow.com, a great place to learn from!

@Mike_Trick everyone’s generally very welcoming around here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! I love it! Finished the 101 crash course and making my way through the rest wahahaha. It is so helpful :nerd_face:

2 Likes