Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Welcome to the Webflow Forum, introduce yourself!

Wow! That’s a great Portfolio site @hauerpower !! :heart_eyes: Welcome!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Chris, I’m a designer and front-end developer who started out at the age of 8. From the time I was 15 yrs old until November of last year when the business was sold, I worked at my aunt’s design agency (New Images Design) starting out as an intern and eventually becoming a senior web designer. Now I work as a freelance designer and a staff member at the UX design community called The Collective Studio.

My Journey To Webflow

I had always created all my web design projects with WordPress or Adobe Muse (before the discontinuation). By age 14 I was developing WordPress themes. Over the years, both of those options became less and less efficient for my projects, but the job demands required I still use those tools. Last year, as my time in the agency, was drawing to an end, I had looked a Webflow (as I had occasion over the years) but was always deterred by the pricing options.

When I officially became a freelancer, I had clients come to me through word-of-mouth referrals. The issue was that these clients were older and WordPress was not a viable option for them or their businesses even with the usage of visual builders such as Elementor. Believe me, I tried. So, what did I do? I decided to go ahead and fork out the money for a Webflow Pro plan. I should’ve done this sooner, especially since I trained other designers on how to use the platform. I convinced a few of my clients to abandon their hosting options. So far, I’m ahead of schedule with all projects. Thanks to the Udesly Adapter, the clients who didn’t want to move to Webflow will now a significantly easier time managing their websites on WordPress.

My Goals

As for my design career, I want to continue doing what I love which is building websites and brands. I also want to help other designers further their careers and improve their workflows.

Webflow

I am working toward my goal of becoming a Webflow Expert, I’m proud to say that I have received both level 1 and 2 layout certifications and will be testing for the Webflow CMS certification tomorrow. Once I close out a couple more projects and my portfolio site is rebuilt, I will submit my application.

As I said earlier, I want to be able to help other designers. This is why once my initial goals are complete, I will focus on becoming a community leader so that I can be one of the many great pillars of support for other Webflow users.

Call me ambitious, but I will do it. Anyways, I apologize for such a long-winded introduction, but you did give me the mic. It’s a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope we have a bright future together.

6 Likes

Welcome @chris_loggins! I’ve already noticed a bunch of helpful replies from you which is rad :metal:

Glad to have you aboard and good luck with the Expert application!

2 Likes