What am I missing when creating a new page?

I’ve created a new page but the major sections are not going where they should be.

For example, my home page structure looks like this:

Body
-Navigator
–container
-Section
–containter

This all works well and fine. When I create the exact same layout, the container under the section suddenly decides to show up in my Navigator area, despite it being put as a sub under Section.

Screenshot: Screenshot - 9ec5e63e5895b741c82d7525f629ef58 - Gyazo

Read Only Link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/blue-jeans-technical-services?preview=69f9902b7e8e32b45992d163140e327b

Browser: Chrome Version 44.0.2403.107 m

I’m sure I’m just missing something simple but so confused when an element that is placed under another suddenly shows up in a completely different area. In my mind, I consider the Navigator it’s own ‘section’ that shouldn’t have been ‘violated’ by another element showing up in/on/over it.

You have set your Navigation element to position:fixed. So it’s on top of everything, fixed. So your 2nd section starts at the top of the page because Navigation position is igored (because fixed).

On the homepage, you adress that by giving the second section a 160+px top margin. This doesn’t spread to the other page because you didn’t give the second section the same class than on the homepage. Here’s the difference.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response but thanks! I knew it had to be something simple I was missing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.