Streaming live at 10am (PST)

What happens when the worst happens?

So… a bit of a morbid topic, but frankly one that has been highlighted by the crisis the world finds itself in.

What happens when we shuffle off this mortal coil?

No, I don’t mean “will I reach the Pearly Gates?”.

A bit more specific than that - what happens to our Webflow accounts, and more importantly, how do our customers/clients go about getting access to their websites? Is there a process in place to allow a loved one / executor access to the account and act appropriately? Is this something that we would need to anticipate (yes, I know it’s morbid) and write into our will?

1 Like

I use LastPass to store all my passwords and crypto keys. It has a feature for when you haven’t logged in for some months/years and it sends your login to a family member. Just write a note in there on what they need to do with each account and hope for the best :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think if a loved one were to contact Webflow with proper documentation (ie: death certificate), our team would be able to work our the proper solution on a case-by-case basis. But in general, keeping important information documented like @ktoo too does seems like a great best practice.

2 Likes

@WebflowCommunityTeam @ktoo both great advice guys, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There was a thread on this last year or so actually!

1 Like