What percentage of your clients tell you that they don't need login access and editing capabilities?

I have something that I want to share. It may seem off topic, but bare with me. I was watching a successful web developer on a live podcast who works with WordPress. She gave some pretty valuable information. One thing she said was that 95% of her clients don’t even need to log in and make changes to their websites. She said that they tell her they won’t need to do anything and if they do need something, they will come back to her.

I had no idea that high of a percentage of people wouldn’t even need to log in to their site. Personally, I think everyone should have access to their sites and keep things fresh. Also, keep up with stats on your site (I’m not sure if stats will be available soon for webflow CMS or not).

Here’s my question to all of you: what percentage of your clients tell you that they don’t need login access and editing capabilities? I’m thinking some of you may have a higher percentage than 5%.

If this is even remotely close, then the standard hosting here at $5 would suffice the vast majority of clients.

===

MOD EDIT: Moved to its own topic in the “Design Board”

The majority of our clients do not need CMS on their site, and the ones who have asked for one typically don’t use it. In most cases we end up managing the content via the CMS which in the past has either been WordPress or Expression Engine.

1 Like

@GodlessGlen I can be short. Of all the websites I’ve built in the last 15 years, only a handfull has actually taken the time (and effort) to change their own site. Meanwhile, all the Wordpress and (earlier: Joomla) solutions I’ve built have cost me at least double the time in head-aches and painful moments upgrading for safety reasons. Or being hacked.

That’s the one argument that nearly nobody on this forum (or in this thread) makes: The new CMS-feature comes with hosting included, and thus with updates as well. That means: it sure as hell sounds more secure than any open source initiative I’ve seen and used. Sure, that remains to be seen, and I haven’t seen any SLA documents in regards to the CDN-hosting, or the CMS.Thus: you get a vendor lock-in (for now) on one hand, but a maintained software solution on the other. And for that @callmevlad and the team should be applauded.

So, to come back to your question: if the UI of the editor is good, I can convince upto 50% of my clients to use it. It surely is easier than Wordpress as far as it looks now. But that’s only if clients are able to pay for their own subscription. I don’t want to be the middle man making those payments. In other words [@webflow]: I’m not a bank. I’m a freelancer.

Does that answer your question?

2 Likes

@Diu Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, webflow is certainly more secure than doing a self hosted WordPress. I really don’t like having to deal with 3rd party plugins. I’ve had various complications from that over the years. I personally would rather not have to deal with WordPress. And personally, I don’t think any theme or framework measures up to my standards. Although, I am a pretty picky person in general but I just always find limitations with these things. Is it really too much too expect that I can design a page how I envision? I’ve never been able to fully do that outside of webflow.

I think more people would be highlighting the good with the new webflow CMS but the pricing structure threw a lot of people for a loop and it overshadowed the good of it.

Yep, same here. And the ones who do usually need help doing so taking more time away from me that the CMS was supposed to be saving.

@md673 However, the webflow CMS seems pretty straightforward to easy to use so it should save you time.