What's the best way to add custom fields to a form that's being exported?

I would like to create a form that has some custom fields and then export it to be hosted on my own server.

Ideally the form would be connected to mailchimp, but I understand that the standard Webflow Mailchimp integration does not support fields other than first name, last name and email address.

I am not averse to using Webflow forms, but from what I understand the site needs to be published on Webflow servers for them to work.

Essentially I would like to do something like this but send the data to mailchimp instead of webflow, or be able to use webflow forms and export the site to host on my own server.

Hi @rugged, Webflow will work with whatever fields you create. We create standard html fields, nothing different than standard forms operation.

Webflow forms have by default the email, name and submit button. You can create custom lists in mailchimp that are expecting more fields and add those fields to your form from the Add Elements panel in Webflow, by simply dragging new fields to the form and giving each field a unique name.

If you want more information on customizing your forms for mailchimp, you can also check this link:

​I hope this helps. If not, please let me know – I’m happy to assist further! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dave

1 Like

Thanks @cyberdave I’ve got it working. This post is a bit old now but it says only first name, last name and email will work and that other fields will be ignored:

Hi @rugged, yes, that is correct, by default the other fields will be ignored. The customization need to be made at Mailchimp side and additional fields added in Webflow. Webflow does not control the information saving flow at Mailchimp, we just pass the information from the fields given to the mailchimp script. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you got it working :slight_smile: Another way to do it is using our Zapier integration to Mailchimp: New Feature: Zapier integration for Form Submissions - Webflow announcements - Forum | Webflow

Cheers,
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.