Streaming live at 10am (PST)

What's up with the Navigator

What’s up with the Navigator

Previously reported Error Popped it's head up again
Previously reported Error Popped it's head up again

Hi @Revolution woah! Definitely concerning to see that as I was not able to reproduce the behavior on my end.

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page and what site was that happening on?

54 PM

@Revolution are you still seeing the issue after updating your Chrome Browser? Are you seeing it when all of your browser extensions are deactivated as well or in Incognito mode?

Hopefully it’s something as simple as an adblocker. I’m not seeing this issue on my computer.

Issue occurred several more times without any browser extensions.

Also occurred with Incognito.

When it re-occurred - it was after browser restarts.

So this is a (somewhat) persistent issue.

So far it has not re-occurred after updating Chrome.

Before I reported this… I had seen (and reported) this issue - several months ago.

• and I think it was with an older (previous) version of Chrome.

Started seeing the issue when there was a canvas update. Not a frequent problem.

This error - that I previously report - has come up again.

wf8R

This time… in front of the client.

Well… technically - next to the client…

• since I was sitting… next to the client.

Refreshing the screen DID NOT fix issue the error.

Entering and Exiting Preview DID NOT fix the issue.

Closing the tab and restarting Webflow… fixed the issue.

Also - this was on a different development system than the last report.

I will get and upload the tech spec for that system for when I can.

Here’s the previous report
https://forum.webflow.com/t/whats-up-with-the-navigator/49493

Hi @Revolution thanks again for bringing this up! I haven’t been able to reproduce this behavior and it does look like you were on an outdated version of Chrome. After updating Chrome did that resolve the issue?

Is this just happening in one site or in all sites? Was there anything specific which you were doing when you saw it happen? (ie. Moving elements on the canvas, within the Designer, using interactions, styling a class, moving symbols or something else? )

Thanks in advance for your help! :bowing_man:

Just want to chime in. I have this problem to. The designer just brakes down. Closing the tab opening it up again solves the problem. I’ll try to take screenshots when it happens.

@jorn Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

Also is it happening on specific sites or just one? Are you by chance on a closed network or using any special network settings? Are there any errors in the Console?

Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/console

Different development systems.

So now there are 3 instances… 2 from me with 2 systems and 1 from @jorn

System 1 (initial report)
Google Chrome 61.0.3163.100 Official Build 64 bit
macOS Sierra
Mac mini Server (Mid 2011)
Process 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

System 2
Google Chrome 61.0.3163.123 Official Build 64 bit
Chrome OS
Asus Chromebox 4GB
Memory: 4 GB

Might be related to switching between Preview and Dev mode.

Once the issue starts… switching between the two modes will not fix the issue

• and close / restart of tab fixes issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.