What's up with Webflow Template review?

A few months ago I figured it would be very cool to become active as a Webflow template developer. So I went on to design two templates, created them in Webflow and sent them in for review.

Fast forward, many emails and two months later, my template is still not accepted into the marketplace. I have asked the team about the status and I keep getting emails saying that I will be updated as soon as there is feedback.

The reason I’m posting this here is because I want to know how long it took others to be accepted into the template marketplace. Am I being impatient? Does the team have other priorities? I was very enthusiastic about becoming a Webflow developer, but that enthusiasm is slowly disappearing as I don’t have any clue about whether my templates will ever see the light of day.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Webflow has a lot of entries and are very specific about their templates. Remember that they have to check for that every detail is correct as well the design looks good and the website is not too complex for the user. And not to mention that they have to do this with every template… and imagine how many people want their template to be sold at the marketplace. Hope this helps. :wink:

Yeah I understand. I wonder though how many people are actually active on the marketplace. Because right now most of the templates come from around 3 to 5 of the same authors (if I’m not mistaken).

Correct, I think it’s because those authors have it easier though because they must know what Webflow already accepts as good templates and they also have experience with how to correctly make Webflow template.

On your template they are taking their time… Must mean they are interested. Usually I hear from designers that their template gets rejected right away if the design is not good. I might be wrong though… :wink::+1:

1 Like

@NvdB31 Though you might want check this out on the Webflow template submit page.

2 Months is a long time. I’ve submitted a template and it took longer than expected but that was because the person who reviews the templates wasn’t available at that time. I think it normally takes 1 to 2 weeks to get it reviewed.

Did you get an answer yet since you’ve posted on the forums?

I would make sure that you submitted a template that is on the Wanted templates list.

That way they want the template and will review it since this is what they are looking for. :wink::+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.