Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Which fonts to use without uploading font script file

Hi Guys,

I am trying to keep a site as fast as possible - which fonts are available to use without uploading the font script file which shows as a slow down in google page speed.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

John

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

This article should lead you into the right direction:

tl;dr

Add this to the HEAD CODE in your Custom Code section (Webflow project settings):

<style>

body {
font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", "Roboto", "Oxygen", "Ubuntu", "Cantarell", "Fira Sans", "Droid Sans", "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
    }

</style>

Also make sure that you don't define any custom fonts for your elements inside webflow designer (this will override as it is more specific)

Hi Marci,

Thanks for your reply. Where do I add this code? When I add it to the head code the code actually appears on the website as text code....

John

oopsie, wasn't sure how familiar you are with these custom code snippets, i added the <style> tag in my answer above.

Hi Marci,

Sorry to be a pain, Ive added the revised code exactly as you put and in the head section of custom code. When I publish the site is completely black, when I remove the code it comes back (the site)

John

ugh, the closing tag was wrong. it's fixed now in the snippet (also removed style="text/css" to simplify things).

:grinning: - Thank you...

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.