‘while scrolling in view’ interaction don't start at 0%

Hello,

I found a bug which is very annoying with the ‘while scrolling in view’ interaction.
I made a separate project to showcase it. Please find the Read-Only below.

I want the Navbar’s background opacity to progressively change from 0% to 100% while the Header Section leaves the screen. According to the animation preview, the Animation boundaries seems to be correctly set.

However the animation starts at ±50% instead of 0%…

Is it really a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Any way around it without using the ‘Scroll into view’ interaction?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Eliott.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bug-while-scrolling-into-view?utm_source=bug-while-scrolling-into-view&preview=a4d7571675e66514c6b9a23dba4ba8cf

Hi @eliott

Thank you so much for getting in touch about your ‘while scrolling in view’ interaction. :webflow_heart:

We were able to take a look at your Read-only link, and also noticed that the interaction begins at around 63%.

This is due to the placement of the element being already visible.

The following short screencapture provides a possible workaround: Screen Recording 2019-01-03...

Hopefully, this was helpful. Feel free to let us know if this is helpful, or if you have any additional questions. :bowing_man:

1 Like

Hi @mistercreate,
Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue.

Unfortunately, your suggestion isn’t working for me because this works only if the Header Section remains the same size. I want to use it across the whole website and the height might differ. Also, the height can change depending on the screen resolution.

I am surprise there isn’t a way to have a progressive animation from the top of the page. It is a pretty common usage and you already have the ‘while scrolling in view’ feature in Webflow.

Thank you anyway,
Eliott.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.