White Space on the right side of my home page

Hi, I was changing the color of my footer right before I published it, and when I went to go see the live site I noticed I got a ton of white space on the right side of my page so I backtracked on the changes I made as far as I could and re published it but the white space was still there. I took a look at the Forum and saw some overflow tips so I hid the overflow on each section which got rid of the white space but butchered my design so I un-did that and hid overflow on body instead but then I could no longer scroll up or down on the live site so I re-hid overflow on each section and proceeded to un do that one by one publishing after each one, to try to determine which section was causing the trouble but that didn’t help me narrow it down. I even restored a version I had published an hour prior when that white space was not yet a problem but it was still their so I tried again with a version form two hours prior and then again with one from three hours prior but nothing fixed it. So after not being able to resolve it my self I decided to come here in hopes someone can take a look at my site and help me figure this out thank you.

I hope someone can help I feel completely lost and regret changing the color of my footer.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @96cruzmiguel

I’m really sorry to hear you’re feeling lost on this! Hopefully I can help.

The easiest thing for you to do in my opinion is add a Div block to act as wrapper.

Place all of your sections inside that Div and set it to Overflow: hidden. Here are a couple screen shots that might help. I tested it out in your read-only link and seemed to work.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.56.19 AM

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.56.25 AM

The reason this is happening is because you have elements that are set to Absolute. These elements are hanging off the page a bit which is causing the unwanted horizontal scrolling or white space.

Aha what a simple solution thanks Miguel! I guess i was trying to figure out what I did wrong so I could undo it and prevent it from happening in the future. Do you have any tips on how I can find out what’s the problem?

Also the elements were hanging out in previous versions I published but I didn’t have that horizontal scroll it only appeared after i changed the color of my footer and re published.

If anyone knows how I can find the problem and fix what went wrong please let me know.

Hey @96cruzmiguel

It’s hard to say exactly why previous versions didn’t show white space.

From looking at your project it looked like what was causing the problem were the grey outlined boxes that were set to absolute positioning. They were hanging outside of the viewport causing the unwanted horizontal scroll.

I thought so too but then I moved all the boxes inside the section area and that didn’t fix the problem. At this point I’m attributing it to a bug on the platform because I had a similar issue before where I published my site and white space appeared on the right side but that was fixed by simply going back to the dashboard and then back into the project and re publishing, but this time that didn’t work.
I appreciate your help Miguel, i don’t expect you to spend night and day trying to figure out what went wrong. At this point I’ll just leave it to the community to see if maybe this happened to someone before and they know what the issue is.