Last week I had an interesting conversation with a college of mine who was arguing that there is not a large market for webflow made sites.
- it’s too expensive to host for most smaller clients
- There are too many limitations (like you cant easily change your design compared with changing templates on wordpress etc)
- as a client you are stuck with webflow hosting once you go this way (and if you decide to export the website you won’t be able to make any changes easily without a developer and forget about the CMS)
- for most smaller clients squarespace and wix is the way to go – cheap, easy to create and edit, plenty of templates etc. For bigger clients Wordpress is the way to go – it’s well known, there are tons of plugins and features, there are many wordpress developers to help you with your website, you can host anywhere, including in the EU to be on the safe side with the GDPR.
- Basically, Webflow is good for custom design websites. But how many people need it in 2018? Who needs to spend so much money on the design and then on hosting when you can have a nice looking website with wix/squarespace and a very advanced one with wordpress?
I didn’t find too many arguments for webflow, to be honest.
I would like to hear your arguments for using webflow. Who are your clients? Why do they opt for webflow?