Why does 'Preview' screw up so often? Or is it me?

Hey there,

I’ve been messing with this Pop-up Nav for what feels like forever! All I’m trying to do is follow along with the Tut video, but even when I copy exactly what he’s doing I don’t get the same result as him. Now, I almost had the effect I want, but I’m pretty sure that there is a bug in Webflow that is causing the visual inconsistencies that I’m coming across.

The effect I’m going for is just a simple slide-in of a menu on the top of the screen when you scroll away from the header section, but when I go to preview the effect, it is very spotty as to how it reacts. I’ve scrolled through the page at every speed and combination I can think of to figure out whats going on, but I’m out of ideas. It doesn’t help that this video wasn’t updated for the new layout of Webflow’s design portion.

Anyone have any ideas?

I get the same behaviour when previewing interactions close to the top of the page. Have to go back and forward between design and preview to fix.

See, I knew I wasn’t the only one. I’m kind of famous for looking so close to the details that I miss the bigger picture, but I’ve tried everything on my own before I came to the forums, as I usually do. Are there any Webflow Devs out there that can shed some light, or at least let us know that this will be addressed, hopefully soon? Thank you for the reply by the way, makloon.

Post a public link to your site.

Here’s the link: Webflow - LasVelasMex

I’m just to the point of working with this that I have very little patience for it anymore. Simple things that should have been working (I know because I did exactly the same thing as the guy in the vids) are just constantly running random behavior for some God-awful reason.

This program isn’t any good if you have to wonder why things are constantly going haywire because of bugs. Webflow should just say that they’re still in Alpha phase, because that’s basically what it feels like to me, especially with the addition of this new (more cluttered, if you ask me) interface and design side.

Please don’t bother responding if all you’re going to do is troll and say “Patience is a necessity when designing or coding”, Yeah, thanks for that nugget. Helpful responses only please.

@sybastian16

The effect I’m going for is just a simple slide-in of a menu on the top of the screen when you scroll away from the header section, but when I go to preview the effect, it is very spotty as to how it reacts.

I don’t see any “slide-in menu” from the top.

the only issue I see is the overflow.

other than that - it works for me.

are you still having issues ?