Why have "containers" if every topic here says don't use them?

Exactly! Is it a question for @thesergei or @callmevlad? (Twitter handles)

I think the best answer is to just not use containers, haha

Let’s all just face the facts. Containers, Grids, Columns, Divs, etc., etc., etc. all have their specific uses and nobody has to use any of them (save for Divs.) And, they are not for everyone. I, for instance, don’t like to use Grids. I avoid them like a virus (sorry, had to do that.) Grids always seem to mess up my pages and I’m frequently trying to wrestle them into submission. Columns?! I want to use them everywhere, but alas, I don’t usually have a need.

So the gist of all this, use whatever tools you prefer or require while building your websites. It’s not how your built it, it’s the end result and user experience.

1 Like

Use containers, just not the Webflow pre-built ones that, in my understanding, were designed in a time when everyone was using bootcamp as a framework. Create a Div, name it Container and give it the max-width, padding you desire. Then re-use that style wherever you need a container. I agree that it is slightly problematic that Webflow has halfway gone down the drag and drop element route. It would be great if you could create those elements yourself and add them to elements panel. I would love it if you could also drag and drop a style from a list you have created directly onto an element but that’s a bit off topic…

1 Like