Why is it so difficult to delete CMS collections and pages?

Working in tech, I apologize in advance for the angry email. I get them as well, but my frustration has just boiled over.

Please do something about this. There was a thread regarding the same issue that was closed even though this is still a thing. I’ve deleted and removed all links from the cms lists, which I no longer want to use, and there’s still no apparent way to delete the redundant cms pages. Why this is important to me is because I’m using Webflow for the simple fact that I have no idea how to build a website. It’s important to me to keep things (elements/symbols/etc.) organized simply because I’m learning a lot by clicking around and messing up. In the design process, oftentimes someting clicks, but not before I’ve adjusted and changed dozens of settings; or I try one idea and switch gears to something totally different. I’m certain this is a lot of people’s experience using this tool. When this happens, all I want to do is scrap the old idea and start over without backtracking through Undos or scouring the forum for answers. Not being able to simply delete a content page is one of those things that seems like it should be so simple, but ultimately leads to this type of frustration, where I’d rather waste my time writing this message than clicking around the forum or the designer any further.

It’s infuriating that certain functionality is only available for certain things. Theoretically, the point of using this type of design tool is ease-of-use for creators, making it simple to design, edit, and play around with ideas. It completely detracts from that premise when I (or others on this forum) need to spend a ton of time figuring out workarounds for limitations of the platform. Deleting an element should be just as simple and straight forward as deleting a different element. You don’t have to jump through hoops, scouring forums to delete a slide in PowerPoint; it’s just as simple as deleting an item on the slide.

Hi @smonnar, so sorry you’re having so much trouble with this—I totally understand since I had a lot of issues with the same kind of thing before, too. It has much improved since Webflow added the ability to quickly locate and delete CMS collection connections recently:

If you’ve already tried using this feature and are still having trouble, could you please share your read-only link? Here’s a tutorial if you need it:

Thanks!

2 Likes