Why is my footer not showing on one page?

I’ve created a symbol for my footer, and in two of my pages it shows up fine (Editorial Home and Portfolios), but in the “Editorial About” page it just doesn’t show up at all. Why would that be happening?

Thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Is it showing in the list elements? Perhaps it got dropped into another area? Just a guess without seeing the page.

@Russell_T yep, it is. And it’s separate from other elements (its in its own section), so I’m not sure what’s going on.

59%20PM

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing - and my read only link is up above in my original post in case you’d like to take a look. :slight_smile: Thanks!

So I’m seeing a slim footer(2 lines of text)on the editorial about page and it’s showing up on the preview as well.

Oh interesting! Thanks for sharing that - I’m definitely not seeing that on my end, so I’m guessing it’s a browser issue? Which browser are you using if you don’t mind me asking? Thank you!

This was on a windows laptop and not on my typical Mac… too beat to get of the couch lol.

And that was on chrome

Thanks! I just did a quick experiment and I think it has to do with the sticky nav bar. If I set the nav bar to auto placement instead of fixed, I can see the footer. Which seems odd to me? Why would a sticky nav bar shift the footer down beyond view? Do you happen to know much about that sort of thing? Thanks!

The top nav being fixed should’nt affect the footer unless it’s sharing the same style. Hmm not sure.

I have a site for client that I’m working on that has that same setup and it’s not pushing the footer at all.

Ah ha! Figured it out! My fixed nav bar was shifting the page contents. So what I needed to do was to add padding to the top of the body in the same amount of the height of the navbar, and voila! Problem solved!

Thanks again for taking a look at this! I appreciate your time! :slight_smile:

Glad you got it. Getting stuck sucks, been there done that. Keep at it the site looks good.

1 Like

Haha, yeah I’ve for sure had my fair share of that, lol!

And thanks for your kind words - much appreciated! :slight_smile: