Why is Webflow changing class names of copies elements?

I have been thinking about this question for some time now and I can’t seem to come up with a logical answer to it.

Why does class names being changed when I copy an element to another page?

There are elements that I like to use as well on other pages and I want to keep the copied elements as the original. But once in a while Webflow automatically changes the class names of the copied elements. And in my opinion unnecessary. The elements need to contain exactly the same CSS settings. So why is this happening?

Can somebody please update me on this topic?

Nobody with the slightest idea? ))

Please share your project and provide us with an example element(s) you are having an issue with. Left to guess without a project share.

Well, I’m not talking about a specific project I’m working on right now. It’s an observation from previous projects.

You never experience that classes are being duplicated (.paragraph to .paragraph2) when copying elements across other pages?

Only when copying from one project to another where the copied class name already exists. If this is happening within a project I think that would be considered a bug if it was reproduceable.

I will report it as a bug then, cause it would be great if I don’t have to constantly delete and add classes to my elements.

Thank you thinking with me Jeff!