WiFi connection problem

I often work on the road and that forces me to use spotty wifi connections. A very common problem for me is that I lose wifi connection for a few seconds and although the wifi kicks in right away Webflow designer will not reconnect and I can’t save or publish. I have to refresh the browser and that means work gets lost! I wonder if there is a way to allow us to force a connection without browser refresh or if Webflow team would consider adding a toggle that would turn on audible/visual warning when wifi connection gets interrupted. ( I know the icon changes, but when in the working flow it is not enough to notice).

1 Like

I can understand your problem . But I guess it would be better if you refer this article. It will help you in resloving your issue.

1 Like

try to reboot the device, some time it helps. And check the setting…

I don’t know much about this. You may refer 10.0.0.138 guide. It might be helpful to you.

Hi @FilipSipos, it may also help to change your laptop dns to google public dns, it can happen that wifi dns is using cached dns or dns that is not reliable.

See how to use Google Public DNS, I use it to get the fastest and most reliable dns lookups when browsing the net, not just for Webflow: Public DNS  |  Google Developers

Using google public dns can also help to make the designer experience a little better due to the faster lookups.

Despite faster speeds reaching most homes around the globe, wireless (and often wired) networks can get bogged down. If your Internet connection is still working but the speeds are slower than normal, there is usually a logical explanation that can solve wifi connection problem and can usually be fixed.

Cause: The most obvious problem with Wi-Fi speeds slowing down is being too far from the router. The further you are from the router, the more unreliable the connection and its throughput will become.

Fix: To fix this, just get a little closer. If the router is located in a different room, try going into the room where the router is located and see if that fixes the issue. If this is a consistent issue, try to position your router higher (up on a shelf), away from other devices, which can interfere with it, and in a central location in your home.