Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Will images from password-protected site show up on google?

Hi, I have a general question, for which I couldn’t find an answer elsewhere.

I’m creating a site for a university project. In my country, it is legal to use copyright-protected images for educational purposes with a small viewership. So I have to make sure that copyrighted images I use will only be seen by the people I allow. Therefore I will password-protect my Webflow-site.

Will images from password-protected Webflow-sites show up on google?

Thanks in advance

Assets uploaded to Webflow are publicly accessible. But if a tree falls in the forest … meaning the only way for a search engine to “find it” would be for it to be visible to the public on your site. You may need to review the Webflow Terms of Service since the asset is copyrighted and you are not the owner or agent.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I’m not sure if I understand you correctly: So a search engine would only find the image if there is no password? or do assets get indexed anyway?

Thanks for the heads up regarding ToS, I’ll check them against my specific case.

Search bots crawl pages and follow linked assets and other pages for indexing. If a page can’t be crawled then there is nothing to index.