Will transferring ownership delete all the CMS content?

So I’m firing a client, and need to transfer their site to one of their in house developers. I’m a little concerned by this warning: “You cannot transfer sites with active hosting subscriptions. Please cancel your site subscription before transfering.” *Typo included :wink:

I have several collections with lots of content. If I cancel the cms subscription, will that delete all that content or will it be dormant until they receive the transfer and start their own subscription?

so, it looks like the answer was posted here > http://forum.webflow.com/t/transferring-sites-with-cms-content/21437/2

But, I have a further question regarding this task / job I’m trying to get done inside webflow.

I’m giving the site to my client, we have a custom domain setup on the account, and he will assume the new CMS subscription each month once we transfer it.

Here is the second error [ in red ] I got when trying to cancel my subscription.

I’m lost here, as I have no idea if the site will go down or what happens

@thesergie or @brryant can you guys help me
For better UX, there should be a info button or text link that reads ‘what does this mean’ - giving info on…ok, so you hit that red button, HERE IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT - and play out the scenario of ‘EXACTLY’ what does ‘REMOVE CUSTOM DOMAINS’ means… working inside webflow, you know…but its not as easy for us to know what this means.

Will the client have to reMap the domain? Will the client have to do something on their end to get everything running back to normal?
Will there be any downtime?

This is where I’m lost ;(

#stillLoveYaWeblfow

Will transferring ownership delete all the CMS content?
No, CMS data will be retained and transferred.

Will the client have to reMap the domain?
No, it is already pointing to Webflow servers.

Will the client have to do something on their end to get everything running back to normal?
Yes, set up CMS hosting, add the domain name to hosting, and publish the project on domain.

Will there be any downtime?
Yes, until client does the above.

6 Likes