Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Window.onscroll not working across pages

Hi all. I’m trying to get the navbar on my site to hide when the user scrolls down, and show when the user scrolls up. I have the custom code for this function

var prevScrollpos = window.pageYOffset;
var navbar = document.getElementById("navbar");

window.onscroll = function() {
  console.log("window scrolled");
  var currentScrollPos = window.pageYOffset;
  if (prevScrollpos > currentScrollPos) {
    navbar.style.top = "0";
  } else {
    navbar.style.top = -navbar.offsetHeight + "px";
  }
  prevScrollpos = currentScrollPos;
}

I want to apply it to every single page of the site, so I went to the site settings and pasted it in the Footer Code section.

However, it didn’t work. I tested it for a bit and it seemed like the whole window.onscroll function was not being executed.
Weirdly enough, if I apply the code to individual pages before </body> tag, or simply run it in the browser console, it’s working fine.

Any idea why I can’t apply the function to all pages in the site settings? Thanks!!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

I’m guessing your code is loading before it should. Try wrapping all of your JS in the following:

var Webflow = Webflow || [];
Webflow.push(function () {
    // YOUR CODE HERE
});

That solves the problem, thank you so much!

@Bowen_Shen - glad it worked. One thing I like to do and recommend instead of using the site-wide custom code is create a symbol of custom code that you can include on every page. It’s easier to maintain, edit, test, etc and I nest that inside my footer symbol so it ends up on every page I make.