Wordpress blog on WebFlow hosted domain

Hello everybody,

I’m looking for a solution to this and I can’t seem to find one even if I read everything on this blog about this.

I have a WP blog: webdivan.wordpress.com
I want to redirect this to my WF hosted site: DropCatch.com

Is there a way to do this for free?

I actually have embed my blog but of course I want it to be on my domain to use the content for the SEO.

Thank for your help.

I don’t think you can forward a wordpress.com hosted domain.

I don’t use their hosting services though.

My domains come with Wordpress (self-hosted version).

You should be able to set the www.webdivan.com for webflow (as it is) and blog.webdivan.com to your hosted wp site, if wp allows it. I know about possibilities but I have poor skills in domain names settings. Did you get your domain at a registrar or through wordpress? (do they only do that?)

Holly Molly look at this, seems you can Connect a Subdomain – WordPress.com Support

cool. You learn something new everyday.

So apparently… WordPress.com will allow you to map your domain to their 3rd level domain.

That would have to be through a CNAME.

Good to know.

Hmmm. Interesting. I am wondering if other blog sites like Blogger will allow this?

I found this set of instructions for Blogger (blogspot). I haven’t spent time looking at it in detail. I know the later part is written for namesheap.com users but I think the instructions apply equally to others. https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/1243/78/how-to-use-my-domain-with-my-blogger-account
What do you guys think?

Thank you! This can help. Just a question, if I have blog.webdivan.com pointing to my wordpress blog, the content of my blog wont be (for google) in the webdivan domain is that right?

@Revolution I tried to do a self hosted server with Xampp but I’m stuck somewhere. Do you know a step by step guide to do this?

Thank you!

1 Like

@ollo - I don’t use XAMPP.

• Most of my server CentOS (Linux) and Red Hat Linux.
  • For local development, I actually MAMP.