Wordpress Blog Preview on Exported Webflow Website

Good day all!

I’d like to achieve something similar to what the Webflow Team did on the Webflow Website in the footer…

I would like to show my latest blog posts on my website. I know with the Webflow CMS it’s very easy to integrate, but due to different reasons I don’t want and can’t use the Webflow CMS. I’m using a Wordpress Blog and I export my Webflow websites on a server.

Now to the question - is it possible to achieve something similar via RSS Feed oder XML Import and with some custom code ?

I would love to get that on my website!

Thank you very much!
Robin

I think you can use tools like AddThis for that. They add a popup layer with recent blog posts to your website.

1 Like

Thanks I’m going to have a look at it! But I think I would prefer a solution without integrating another service or company :thinking:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/10943544/584192

Sorry but I’m really not that into coding that I totally understand what they are saying there :see_no_evil:

If you are not so picky about what those post are you just make that using Dynamic List. And you can sort them after category (if you use that) or random.

If you are new to webflow, I recomend THIS series :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.

But therefore I would need to have the Webflow CMS, right ? And that is what I wanted to get around, due to different reasons. One reason is, that it is simply to expensive for the company at the moment and that they already have a very good wordpress blog :slight_smile:

Is there any other chance to get what I want ? :smiley:

Ahh… then you are looking in the wrong end. You need some custom code that can be inserted in the embed element. And that would be from Wordpress. Im sure its possible, but I have no idea how. Maybe someone else knows, if not, google is your friend :slight_smile:

@Robinho

Yes, you can use the XML feed from the blog and have custom JavaScript code insert it into the page. The custom code will have to be customized based on how you the design the list, so there is no “one size fits all” code. You may have to hire a web developer for this if you are not proficient with JavaScript.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.