Streaming live at 10am (PST)

YouTube Live Stream Embed

Trying to embed a Live Stream channel ID instead of a video ID. The purpose of that is because there’s a new stream every week, so the channel ID would automatically update the video. The video ID requires I manually change the URL every week.

The channel ID link doesn’t seem to work. Not sure if the YouTube component event recognizes channel IDs.

Anyone know more about this?

I figured it out. For anyone interested, the YouTube component does not recognize channel IDs. You need to add an HTML embed. This is the code:

<style>
.embed-container { 
position: relative; 
padding-bottom: 56.25%; 
height: 0;
overflow: hidden; 
max-width: 100%; } 

.embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { 
position: absolute;
top: 0; 
left: 0; 
width: 100%; 
height: 100%; }
</style>

<div class='embed-container'>
<iframe src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=UCtnE74oCh24MUBY6DAOZsUA' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
</div>
2 Likes

Thanks for discovering & sharing that with us! Can you tell me what you did to set an image as the default display for the embed window when your channel isn’t currently live?

hey @mrwildenfree mine automatically generated an image, but im not sure how if it was anything I did or didn’t do. A quick solution would be to add a background image to the html embed so something shows if your video isn’t generating a thumbnail.

How do you have yours currently setup?