Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Youtube Video Crop

Hello,

I am wanting to crop the YouTube video I have uploaded onto my site. My videos aspect ratio is slim at 10:4 and would I want to remove the black edges due to my cropped video on my site. It’s a panoramic video. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly as I have adjusted size and position on a DIV which the Youtube video is in.

The top is okay but the bottom still has the black edge framing.

I am switching over from Squarespace to Webflow and enjoying the freedom Webflow has on design.

Thanks a lot

YouTube aspect ratio 16:9 - if you upload 10:6 video - you see black bars (No way to change this). Read more her

Options:

• Use background video (Not youtube player)
  • Crop or stretch the video to 16:9 by any software/tool out there (Premier and so on).
  • Put the video inside a div wrapper smaller than the video (And use overflow: hidden). Cons: This idea will hide video controls/ui.

Anyway add live URL.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your quick response :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think changing aspect ratio is a good method, because it still keeps the black bars. A better way is to crop (remove the black part) your video to 16:9 in some video cropping software. But you should pay attention to that if it stretches your cropped video to fit the original aspect ratio (Oops, back to 10:6).

I’m also a YouTuber created so many videos, and for sure used many free and paid software. And I found this article gives a detailed review over video cropping utilities and I will leave the link here in case any people need it.
https://www.videoproc.com/video-editor/free-video-cropper.htm