Zapier+CMS (404) Error - advice needed

Hey folks!

New in the forum.
Fan already.
Your posts are very hepful.

I have trouble with Zapier+CMS this morning, and get this message:

We had trouble sending your test through. Please try again. Error:
api.webflow.com returned (404) Not Found and said “Collection not found: null”

The Collection seems to be ok and connected.
What am I getting wrong?

G

Hi @gnamouric

Welcome - and glad you like us already :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t help you with this one personally, but am going to recategorize it slightly into the CMS+API category for more specific help.

Hey hey

Did you find a solution for this? I have the exact same problem at the moment…

Would be glad if someone could tell how to fix that.

@Schuschi_Eyes did you publish the collection? I haven’t tried connection zapier to webflow collections so I can’t say for sure but republishing might work? I have connected a webflow form and I needed to submit the form first before it worked. This could be similar? Have you added a collection item since creating the zap?

2 Likes

Hey @sarahfrison
Thanks for the answer. Yes the collection was published.

After a long time just trying all options out in Zapier I found a way to get it to work. The problem is, I don’t know what exactly the problem was.
I tried some Zap-recommendations that were shown on my dashboard. When I tried the Zap called “Add Webflow CMS items (like blog posts) from new rows in a Google Sheet” it worked after a few tries.

If someone is interested in the setting that worked for me to connect Google Sheet to Webflow, I can send some screenshots.

@Schuschi_Eyes did you add the collection item ID to the zap? That could be the cause. This livestream by @rileyrichter from a while ago shows you how to do that Webflow OKC Meetup // Apps + Zaps - YouTube.

1 Like

@sarahfrison No thats not the exact way I did it. Do you have a timestamp for the live stream? I couldn’t find the section in the video where he uses the item ID…
Here are some screenshots how my Zap looks like:

1 Like

@Schuschi_Eyes the ITEM ID section starts at 36.20, he goes back to it an about 50mins in. I can’t say for sure but that often seems to be the issue when adding a collection item.

1 Like

I realize this is years later, but if someone else get’s this – I had published my collection item in the settings panel of the page, but hadn’t published my site after publishing the collection.

Error message was super vague, but wanted to drop that here as an alternative solution!