How Can I have an Interaction Click Affect different Element?

Hello,

I am having trouble trying to make a simple interaction. I need to click a button and have a container appear on the page with the information. I was thinking I could do this by lowering the opacity of the container initially and giving it a page ID tag to link the click…then on click have it affect different element. I am not certain to limit to nested elements or limit to sibling elements.

I tried a few times with no luck and figured I would reach out to the community to see if someone could help simplify this process.

Thanks I greatly appreciate it.

Jibby

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hey @JibbyFlow could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link & screenshots really help us to help you faster :slight_smile:

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

If you are going to have an item “appear” on the page, I suggest using the hide/show element vs opacity. Opacity is still going to leave the element there and could cause issues.

For your interaction. Create the item you want to hide/show - make it hidden and remember the class name you gave it. Create your button or click item and then create your interaction.

In this example “store-one” is the element you wan to show.

Click on your button and assign the interaction. You will need a second button on the “show” element or use the same button/interaction and give it a second click interaction.

2 Likes

I am still having some issues. I like the idea that you gave me to display none as opposed to opacity and used that. But I can’t seem to link correctly. Please look at the 3dCart Page which can be found if you click “merchant” in nav bar. Then Shopping Cart .

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/integratepayments?preview=0ae3281ae5c2f227ece063063c47b68c

Can you please look and see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks so much.

Jibby

@jdesign @Waldo I think I figured it out guys. Jdesign your ideas worked great and it was just my own mistake stumbling over a “Style” name that was wrong. Once I realized I was using the wrong style name it seemed to work the way I invisioned it to.

Thank You all for continuing to make me a better Webflow designer. I can’t wait till the day comes that I have time and skills to help out other designers.

Thank You,

Jibby

3 Likes

I suggest watching all the videos over at http://help.webflow.com/courses

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.