Missing images on exported site

Thanks for that update.

I’ll take a closer look and run some tests on your site. I’ll report back with updates soon.

Example 1:

-File in Exported Images Folder: “ForbesPoetry.jpg”
-Exported HTML IN ZIP: img src=“images/ForbesPoetry%255B2%255D.jpg” class=“newssliderimage” DOUBLE ENCODED BRACKETS
-Publishing to Webflow site, image renders fine, right-click Open new Tab, and this is the URL.
https://daks2k3a4ib2z.cloudfront.net/55d659c78134e8416dbee852/56328314c3abe11646d4c43f_ForbesPoetry[2].jpg (ForbesPoetry[2])
This is not the name of the file in assets or exported image folder.

Example 2:
-File in Exported Images Folder: OldMainGreatPhoto.jpg
-Exported HTML IN ZIP: img src=“…/images/old%2520main%2520great%2520photo.jpg” DOUBLE ENCODED SPACES
-Publishing to Webflow site, image renders fine, right-click open image in new tab, and this is the name: https://daks2k3a4ib2z.cloudfront.net/55d659c78134e8416dbee852/56328e029cc83e2c06da8f5b_old%20main%20great%20photo.jpg. (“old main great photo.jpg”) This is NOT the name of the corresponding exported file.

These are two images that I earlier had to trick into getting renamed. I resized the image slightly and reuploaded it. The correct renamed photo is in the assets, and exports with the images, but the HTML will not change away from the original name and on top of that it is DOUBLE ENCODED.

Example 3 - Never re-uploaded this one, its been the same for months.
File in Exported Images Folder: interior[1].jpg
Exported HTML IN ZIP: img width=“271” src=“images/interior%255B1%255D.jpg” class=“imgleft” DOUBLE ENCODED BRACKETS
-Publishing to Webflow site, image renders fine, right-click open image in new tab, and this is the name: https://daks2k3a4ib2z.cloudfront.net/55d659c78134e8416dbee852/55dcce088f79b836280d53fd_interior[1].jpg - Properly Encoded Brackets

There is definitely double-encoding happening in the export still.

Whats going on with the trying to reupload an asset with a new-name, I can’t even imagine what the hell is going on there, but this really sucks and we’ve had to perform a lot of work around to fix the export today.

Another poster is on the right track…

Maybe Webflow WAS exporting improperly coded HTML but it worked.

Looking into the HTML I see where now its doing the following with Images whose names have spaces.

Adjustable Bed" src=“…/images/12% [25] 20Inch%2520Memory% [25} 20Foam.jpg”> In the brackets didn’t used to be there…

This is what’s jacking things up…completely…

I knew I had images with spaces in the names and had planned to go back and fix them one by one, but hey no hurry…ths site worked right…

Yeah, I can verify that in my oldest exports you guys did not encode the filenames, it was just plain brackets and spaces. At some point this changed, and I can see in yesterdays exports that the export WAS DEFINITELY ENCODING PROPERLY. With %20 for spaces.

As of today, export is encoding spaces as %20%25 which is double encoding. Its right in the zip file.

The work around you list of re-uploading the file without spaces in it DOES NOT WORK.

EDIT: I found out why it was not working for me I think. You can’t download FROM webflow, rename it and re-upload it. There is metadata on the image that I think webflow uses for naming that makes this not possible. Stripping the metadata allowed the “reupload with new name” to work.

@Drennen Thank you for the additional info and specific files impacted - we’ve actively investigating. Thank you for your patience.

@Drennen @tahiles Could you please email us at support@webflow.com the ZIP files where you see the double encoding?

Please use “Export file name encoding bug” as the subject so we can quickly find your messages / attachments. Thank you!

Sure, just tell me how…

Ooops, sorry! Please send an email to support@webflow.com and attach the ZIP file that you’ve downloaded from Webflow.

FIle sent as Google Drive Share (over 25 Mb…

In your inbox with the “Export file name encoding bug” subject as requested…

@Drennen @Golden28 @Amreet_Gill @Barsik @tahiles We’re restored the old behavior for now while we investigate; if you refresh your Designer and re-export, you should get a correct export. Thank you for the additional information and for your patience!

1 Like

yes i can confirm it is now working.

thanks @callmevlad and the Webflow support team (@cyberdave!)

1 Like

Hooray! Everything is working! Thanks to the team Webflow.

What was the fix as I just exported my site today and it is missing images?

Same issue here, missing 90% of my images

Hi @Blaise_Posmyouck, @sdenison, could you please report information about the issue by sending an email to support@webflow.com?

Here is the info to include:

• Description of what you’re experiencing (include names of site, pages, elements, classes, interactions, etc)
• Examples of what you’re experiencing (include screenshots, screencasts, gifs, before/after, intended designs, etc)
• Environment info that you’re experiencing trouble on (include your exact browser version, device model, operating system version, etc)

Thanks in advance!

Anyone else seeing this today?

My site just developed several errors in the Nav…missing pictures…etc…

Some of my pages lost pictures or displayed pictures with alt text on top of the pictures…just a real mess.

This happened overnight so I’ve tried restoring older backups and they contain the same problems…I’m stunned!

How did my backups develop the same problems as my live site overnight?

This is real mess and will require a great deal of troubleshooting and repair.

I thought the backups would “save” me from this type of horror…

Sorry about this @tahiles . I’m happy to look into this right away.

If your site’s information or design can be posted publically, can you please reply back with the following so I can take a closer look?

I’ll be standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nelson

1 Like

I would bet this is the same problem I am having. Everything from the export is being double encoded. so instead of “Picture 1.jpg” being encoded to “Picture%201.jpg” its being encoded to “Picture%25201.jpg” which will result in a broken image.

1 Like

Here’s just a partial list…you can see these from your browser…

Home page loads like shit. Images sort of “paint over” a duplicate increasing load time…

Missing pictures from Nevigation - Adjustable Beds

Missing pictures from Navigation - Mattresses We Ship - and one picture is diaplaying both picture and “alt title”?..(Latex Support Foam Matttress)

Missing Picture - Home Page - Richmond Mattresses

Adjustable Beds - View All Models Page - Two Pictures displaying both picture and "alt title:? - S-Cape Performance + and S-Cape Performance…

Missing Picture from Mattresses We Ship - View All Models page… where pictures are missing on this page…they’re also missing if you go to that model Product Page…at the top…

This is a REAL mess and I’m spending $250 a day to drive traffic to a site with a bunch of errors that looks like it being run by an idiot…

yeah, double-encoding confirmed: http://www.richmondbedding.com/images/Bed%2520II.jpg