Password protection for individual pages and folders

Please add this! Multiple clients want this feature!

3 Likes

I’d love this, have already had to revert to Wix for one site. :scream:

This would be paradise!

8 Likes

We have some event could use that to give out promo code, so client could get a “secret page” after they attend certain event.

1 Like

+1 on the member login system. I just passed down a project because the client wanted this feature and I didn’t want to go with Wordpress.
I know this its a long shot but is it something that we can expect in the future?

4 Likes

@thesergie Would also really love a simple password protect feature.

An example can be seen on the existing site of a client I’m working for:

http://wspp.edu/student-support/library/marquette-university-library

They have information that they only want available to students who have the password. It’s a very small university, so they don’t have a need for an entire login system. They just want some pages that students and staff can access easily, but not readily available to the public.

I’m in the process of doing an entire redesign of their site in Webflow, and am unsure currently how I’m going to tackle this issue.

We will upgrade as soon as we can password protect individual pages. In fact, it is the only feature that would get us to upgrade.

1 Like

This would be a wonderful feature. I am creating a website for an employer and they would like to have an employee login for certain information to be accessed and they are wanting each employee to have a unique login. The main site will be open to the public though so I do not want to password protect the entire site. As of now my work around is to create a separate employee website and password protect the entire site and launch that site and then using the URL link to the main site and go in monthly and change the login credentials. This is slightly more complex then I had wanted but it will work for now.

4 Likes

We would love this feature. It’s a important puzzle piece for Webflow to be a complete CMS alternative.

2 Likes

On the overall question of pw protecting single pages: +1.

I’m not sure if this is what you meant about the current name/pass dialog, but I would greatly prefer that occur in an html form on the page instead of in a js browser dialog as it does now. (1Password doesn’t recognize those, plus it’s an inconsistent and less beautiful UI suddenly injected into the user’s experience.)

For today, I think being able to set up a unique name/pw for each of any number of pages would provide 80% of the value of Jesse’s best case version, hopefully with <20% of the effort. It won’t cover sophisticated use cases the same way, but would be a welcome addition.

Today’s workaround: a unique site for each additional page, with a common style sheet and nav that jumps between the main, non-protected pages, and any protected ones. Aside from using up a site allocation, any updates to the css of the main site would have to be manually implemented on the protected site, so definitely not a long-term workable solution.

Thanks!

1+ this feature. I could see myself using this as well.

I agree, it would be a great addition! +1!!!

I am just wondering when Webflow is going to get password protected pages. At present I am unable to bring websites over from Squarespace as some of my clients need this feature for their customers.

I would love to bring all my sites over to Webflow but right now it just isn’t possible which is extremely frustrating as some of the lesser site builders have this as a standard feature.

Please say it’s coming very very soon!

8 Likes

+1
I am currently in need of this feature, it would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Like others here, I have several sites, I’d like to migrate to Webflow (in my case from Adobe Muse), but without password protection for various pages, I won’t be able to make the move. So the sooner the better, thanks!

Hi guys,

To help us learn more about this feature, can you detail what customer workflows are solved with per-page password protection?

Thanks!

For example, one of my clients has a training page for new employees that they only want employees to be able to log into and view.

3 Likes

I’m designing a website for a small university that wants to have a simple password protected page for their library resources. The library resources are sites that the university pays for, so they don’t want it available to the general public, and just want one password that they can share with students to access the page of links.

4 Likes

I want to make documentation pages towards any project I create for a client - so that the client could easily see all related accounts to his web site/ source files/ web site development roadmap/ etc. I’d like to have one single site containing the documentation pages for all my clients. I’d make folders named by unique project ID for each project and I’d put the documentation pages in the according folders.

3 Likes

Mine need is similar to those mentioned previously. I have confidential emergency management pages that should only be visible to “Responders”, while the main site is public, I’m looking at well over a hundred pages total, so it would be swell for this to be an easy implementation. (maybe a folder characteristic?) Additionally, the password implementation would need to be compatible with the campus IT authentication process - meaning that users could log-in using their normal ID and password.

1 Like