Unable to change images in the Editor

Hello,

I’ve run into some scenarios where I can’t change images in Editor mode. When I hover over an image the clickable icon in the top right does appear, but for many of my images – for example, ones that I have made into circles thru corner radius settings, or background images with other elements on top – I can’t ‘get to’ that icon in order to click it; it disappears before my mouse can get there.

How can I go about changing these images?

This is my public share link, although I’m not sure how helpful it will be since the troubles I’m having are in Editor mode:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/c2s2-option-1?preview=3a9b434955bda6d08d97d9ccf2e7bc6a

Thanks,

Heather

I’ve actually noticed that the issue is more extensive than that; it affect my ability to change links as well. If you see in the attached screenshot, when I try to change the destination of a link (here I was trying to edit “Join Us”) the edit features appear in the top-right corner, but they disappear when my mouse leaves the element in order to try to click them. Does that make sense?

I’m also attaching an screenshot of the image I’m trying to change. The icon disappears when my mouse tries to travel over the nav bar to get to it.

Yes it’s related to this one : Problem with editing link blocks in editor - #3 by Karl47 - Bugs - Forum | Webflow

Happens to me to on all sites with editable content.

Hello @vincent and @hclark thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We recently pushed an update to help resolve this issue. Could you please take a look and see if it has been resolved on your side? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Now it works fine for me! Thanks for this quick solution!

1 Like

Thanks Waldo! That definitely fixed the issue with the links. However, I’m still unable to get to the icon on certain images-- for example the hero image behind the nav bar, and the three circular images I have halfway down the page. In the attached screenshot, you can see what I mean-- the icon appears where it would be if the image didn’t have a corner radius, but it disappears as soon as the mouse leaves the circle to reach it. Same thing happens with the hero image behind the nav bar as illustrated in the post above.

Any idea how to get to these?

Hey @hclark thank you so much for the extra information, I am investigating this right now and will let you know as soon as I have more information!

Hi Waldo,

Just wanted to check in to see if you’d been able to figure out anything regarding this bug.
Thank you!

Heather

Hey @hclark thank you so much for checking back in. We’re still working on updates to this issue of swapping out images in the Webflow Editor. For your hero image, if you give it 135px of margin on top for desktop viewport then you can edit that image (be sure to adjust the margin on Tablet viewports and down).

For your images with a rounded border radius you will want to swap those out in the designer for now. As soon as I have an update I will let you know immediately.

Thanks Waldo,

I updated the top margin on the hero images and that did the trick! Thank you.
I’ll stay tuned about the rounded images.

Heather

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.