Does WebFlow support webP images?

I’m surprised there was no update for this, but I just tested it myself and looks like it works! Not sure how long it’s been there though as I don’t normally try uploading that filetype.

Curious how they’ll deal with browsers that don’t support the file format yet or whether they plan to use WebP for their responsive image generation — but glad to see we have the ability to use them without needing to convert to another file format :tada:

There is a feature release in the works from what I understand. Right now, you would have to manually handle fallback.

Hi @David_Thielen ,

I know this was posted a while back, but just for future reference - WebP is now natively supported in Webflow.
For those of you who don’t know, webP is a much smaller file format which Google prefers when crawling your website. This will mean you won’t have to use an image resizer tool to reduce your image sizes!

Does anybody know how to convert existing CMS images to WebP using the new feature?

@cheechee - You can only do it manually at this time.

Is there an estimated timeframe for when we can expect webp conversion to be added for cms images?