Links in preview mode point to Webflow.com

Hi @Andre_Peymen, I was just doing some testing, and the links seem to be working for me in preview mode, could you please do a hard refresh of the browser to load all latest code updates?

Take a peek here: Scratch Wiki

If the issue persists, could you let me know what browser and version is being used and what operating system?

Thanks in advance! For the others, this issue should now be resolved and fixed, but if you continue to experience the issue, do the hard refresh, and is still issue, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dave. Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately the bug still occurs (at least in my case).
I tried to make hard refresh but it did not help.
I’m using the latest version of Google Chrome and my OS is Windows 10.

Hi Dave,

I’m still experiencing problems with my projects who are based on a template. In my project that I started from a blank page I don’t have a problem.
The problems occur both in chrome and safari on my macbook air.
Now if the name of the name of the link is the same as on the webflow site I got redirected to that page. If the name doesn’t exist on the webflow site I get the 404 page of the webflow site.

Exactly like @Andre_Peymen said :slight_smile:

Hi all, thanks, we are working to get the issue resolved. I will let you know once we have a fix out.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Hi all. Just a quick update, we fixed the issue with links that are not in a symbol. We are now working on links that are inside of a symbol.

Thank you for your patience on this issue while we get this patched up

3 Likes

Hi @Mr.Positive and all, ​thanks for your patience. A fix has gone out for the links in preview mode issue.

Those links should be working properly now.
​
​If there is any other strange behavior that is noticed, let me know, I will be standing by to assist further.

2 Likes

It worked! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

It works again. Thanks

Guys, links again point to webflow.com/pages :frowning:

Confirmed. For instance, multiple sites that have navbar links to www.mysite.com/about (using both external URL input* /about and Webflow’s built-in Page input** to select the About page) now take us to www.webflow.com/about inside of Designer preview. This is happening in symbols—I was unable to recreate the issue outside of a symbol.

Edit: Added image below to visually clarify the two types of links used inside of Designer that result in this bug.

1 Like

@Mr.Positive @McGuire sorry about that. We just pushed another fix for this. Can you try again?

1 Like

Still not working for relative links using URL (/about, for instance, takes you to About: our mission, vision, and principles | Webflow).

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with dynamic links to collection pages

The bug continues to persist and affects all relative links inside of symbols.

Sample project: Webflow - Relative URLs

To recreate, enter preview mode and press any of the three links in the navbar. Relative URLs have been entered as seen below:

If you’re in Designer and you own the project, pressing About takes you to About: our mission, vision, and principles | Webflow. Pressing About from the share link above will instead try and take you to https://preview.webflow.com/about because of the different URL structure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.