Any idea what I've done wrong?

OK. So I have made some changes to my website, I’ve exported the code and loaded it through Filezilla - and it looks terrible!

Here is what it should look like:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/lindengraphics-website?preview=f06940e6cabee02f8c92d88a0d3dc7a1

And here is what it actually looks like live:
www.lindengraphics.com.au

I’ve uploaded it before with no problems, I can’t think of what step I’ve missed. If anyone has some insight I would be so grateful!!!

Thanks in advance

linden

Hi @linden

At first glance, this is not loading the css file, so you just have the html displayed. Have you changed any file names?

Does it display ok if you just open the index.html in a browser before uploading to Filezilla?

This thread has some useful guidance: How to use export code after it's been exported

I’ve not exported code from Webflow to an external ftp before, so I can’t offer much in depth advice - but hopefully that is useful.

I agree, I think it’s a problem with the css file too. But I still don’t know what to do to correct it. I’ve uploaded it exactly as I have done before (I think). I just exported the files from Webflow; opened Filezilla and added the exported folder to the root folder. I’ve checked the files in ‘Secureserver’ (my hosting site) and the css is there. This morning I just added ‘absolute paths’ to the css files, in case that was the issue, but it still won’t display properly. Even when looking at the css file in the hosting site and I click the ‘view design’ button, it still doesn’t display correctly. I have no idea what’s wrong.
If anyone knows what to do I’d really appreciate it.

I just tried a fresh install and now it won’t even let me view my site. It’s saying the following:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.lindengraphics.com.au Port 80

I’ve been searching for an answer on the web and I came across some information saying that I should point my domain to Webflow by changing the CNAME and A RECORDS. I’ve just made those changes but I don’t remember having to do it before. Is this something I’m supposed to do, or not?
It’s actually quote urgent that I get this fixed, if anyone can point me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance,
Linden

@PixelGeek @mistercreate - has anything changed recently with exported code that could be causing the issue @linden describes above?

Hi StuM
I just wanted to thank you for your efforts in helping me solve my problem. And I’m happy to report it has been solved. What I did wrong was I put my generated ‘Webflow folder’ containing the exported files into the root folder, when what I needed to do was take everything out of the folder and put all the files directly into the root folder. It seems to be in good working order now.
Thanks again for your time : )