CMS driven Hubspot Forms

Not sure if this is categorized in the forum correctly. Please advise

I have a blog post that serves up a form coming from hubspot with a dynamic ID. When the form is submitted, the HubSpot Form would show a success message with a link to unique content. This is broken now, And now that I think about it, the form seems to be breaking before the successful submission comes back from Hubspot. So we had a developer look at it, and this is what he said.

“After looking into this extensively, I was able to find that your issue is rooted in the iFrame which the form is embedded in. I was able to determine this by blocking the “Subdocument” (6 Most Common Types of Invoice Fraud) and re-loading the page. See this video screencast demonstration of how I did this using the Adblock chrome extension in the chrome dev tools.

I can confirm through Adblock’s documentation cited on this screenshot that a “subdocument” is a frame loaded within a page. You can look at their documentation on this at this link.

I don’t believe that this problem has anything to do with Adroll as I turned off their scripts and was still unable to load the form “Thank you” follow up message, but was only able to load this “Thank you” follow up message from disabling the iFrame URL referenced above.

Given that this is an issue external to HubSpot, I recommend having your developer look into any properties on this iFrame which may be blocking certain scripts from running in the HubSpot form embed code.”

Any ideas on how to fix? I thought Webflow didn’t do iframe.

Thanks for any help.

G

Navigate to resources, white papers, the forms are on those pages.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/appzen?utm_source=appzen&preview=06baf16968c2aff8c45f7b42de42f06d
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

The form is loaded via the javascript you included on the CMS page. It loads the form on my end. I am not running Adblock plus on my browser. This is referenced in your message with no indication why.

You opened with …

I have a blog post that serves up a form coming from hubspot with a dynamic ID. When the form is submitted, the HubSpot Form would show a success message with a link to unique content. This is broken now, And now that I think about it, the form seems to be breaking before the successful submission comes back from Hubspot. So we had a developer look at it, and this is what he said.

Where you state that “this is broken now” are you saying that hubspot does not render the success message with the link on submission? Or are you saying that this happens (no message and link) only when Adblock is running?

1 Like

It loads the form, but can you submit it? It’s can be a fake company, like jeff@ups.com. But needs to be a company. It doesn’t return a success message. Which includes the link.

Grant Davis

Submission works since you sent an email with the content link. However the form did not display a success message. It remained as it was loaded originally. BTW that form is not in an IFRAME. The cms entry I was on had a Hubspot Form ID value. I noticed other resource entries that have no value.

But it would help me if you answered the questions I asked before asking more.

The Adblock thing is irrelevant. That’s the Hubspot dev trying to work through the solution.

The form used to submit and return a thank you message, now it just submits the email to us, and doesn’t display the “Thank You” with the link to content.

Also, the email you received was a workaround we were testing and trying to avoid as a solution, as it’s time consuming to set up.

Should also be noted, that we tried a scenario where the form was submitted and redirected to a url within the site. This does not work. After submit, the page doesn’t go anywhere.

Ok. I think we have narrowed it down to the Crowdcast script on the page. When the crowd cast script is deleted, the page can return the success message.

I was going to ask if the the form behaved correctly with the shared link instead of embed. Congrats on isolating your issue.

So crowd cast sent a bug report and told us to have our Devs look at it. I don’t have devs. Can anyone tell if the page is throwing errors related to the iFrames? When the Crowdcast code is in place, the forms don’t work. When they are taken out, the hubspot forms work.

They are pointing you to the brighttalk player embed script that is embedded just before the hubspot form embed. You should raise the issue with brighttalk or hire a JS dev to resolve the conflict.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.