Navbar text won't change color

hey there… i am building my first site with webflow and loving it. however, i have two issues with the navbar that i can’t seem to resolve. one is the text color of the nav links. i cannot get them to switch from black to dark brown. the dark brown color code that i want has been changed on the nav links themselves as well as every nesting box outside of it (i did that just in case it was being overridden by something. however the nav links are still appearing black (#222222) both in design view and when the site posts live. i even went and tried changing it in the custom css and nothing is changing.

another nav link text issue that i’m having is the “current” page (when you’re sitting on a page) the nav link turns a bright royal blue which totally clashes with the site design. i also found the code for that and went and changed it in the custom css box and it did nothing. i also tried logging out and back in as i’ve had some glitches like that in the past that fixed themselves.

interestingly i changed the hover, pressed, etc. states of the nav link text to a burgundy color and that works!

is there anyone else having trouble with this or is there some setting that i’m missing that is overriding all these things?

thanks for your help!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

While in the current state, give the color you want to the current item… and it will apply to all current states. Current is actually a class.

For your other issue can you share your read only link?

for reference, my site is http://coocoo-chicks.webflow.io/

HI @Grafiiq Could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link & screenshots really helps us to help you faster :slight_smile:

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/coocoo-chicks?preview=1a143a3b3d783688d39946a258418b2f

I see what you mean it bugs a bit. Select another color first then the dark brown and it will catch it. WF thinks it has the good color to begin with so won’t really update it until you give it a different value, then back to brown.

that got it, thanks vincent! i have another glitchy problem like that too… on the very top of the page, the div box that has “My Account” on the right hand side… there’s a line at the bottom of that box on the HOME page. that is saved as a symbol that should be reproduced on every page but for some reason it only reproduces automatically on the “shop now” page. even when i try to go in and do it manually for the other pages it won’t work. i even tried what i did with the link fonts and tried to change the color and then put it back but, nothing. any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.