Responsive Ecommerce with Foxy.io in Webflow

Hey @InblickNicklas.
That’s a great question. We’ll test it out and post an update here.

Thanks,
Josh

Sounds great. Thanks! :point_up_2:

Hey @foxy did you test it out?

Hi @InblickNicklas.
Should have a follow up today or tomorrow. Had to get a demo site upgraded to test it.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @InblickNicklas.
As I expected, Webflow’s upload option will not work with a Foxy product since the form data isn’t actually being posted to Webflow.

The file name is passed to Foxy, but no file is ever uploaded. That said, Uploadcare is a great option (and free, depending on your needs). Are there any issues you’re running into?

Thanks,
Josh

@foxy thanks for the update. I have no problem with Uploadcare, it works great and is free as you mentioned. I just thought it would be easier for the client to have access to all uploaded files in Webflow admin instead of Uploadcare.

Hi @InblickNicklas.
Thanks for confirming. We agree. Keeping as much as possible in Webflow is ideal. Hopefully in the future, more functionality will be added to Webflow’s API that will allow for tighter integrations.

Thanks,
Josh

ECWID OR FOXYCART FOR WEBFLOW

I would like to share with you my experience I’ve got so far, and hope that you you share in comments yours too:

1- Foxycart is little complicated, but they are at Foxycart answering all my questions (emails, live chat, live tutorials) eventhough I’m still using a free stage plan.

2- Foxy is like working with codes, nice try but a designer mind is not tuned on that !

3- The reason why i use Foxy is because I can do exact design i want in Webflow and just use Foxy to let users place order and checkout, so no limitations with design at all. Also Foxy has fixed monthly subscribtion fee for fixed number of orders while Shopify for example will take a ytransiction fee for each order.

4- I would say the best two additions to make ur webflow website supporting e-commerce are Foxycart and Ecwid

5- Ecwid has so many limitations with design and you need to put all your products info in your Ecwid page, that is like repeating the work twice incase Webflow will launch an e commerce built-in integration or solution, while with Foxy you can build your sales post on Webflow so your collections will be ready when Webflow launch their e-commerce service.

1 Like

Hi @Faisal_Ram.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

I wanted to respond to your second point. While some users’ needs require code, our team provides the code and helps you every step of the way. In most cases though, it’s as simple as if you were embedding a youtube video and adding some dynamic parameters with Webflow CMS data.

Since this thread was started over 2 years ago, we’ve had the honor and privilege of helping literally hundreds of Webflow users bring secure ecommerce into their Webflow site. Most of which had never integrated any type of ecommerce before and had no coding experience. Many of those users are now on their 5th (or more) ecommerce project with Foxy + Webflow.

We’ll continue to be here to help. So please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @foxy, I’m researching a solution for a fairly large fishing lure manufacturer. The challenge as I see it will be the large range of product variants and pricing. For example, each lure type is available in four or five colours and five or six weights with each weight attracting a different price. If we were to manage the inventory for each SKU things get even more complicated. Any thoughts on how to manage this with the Webflow CMS?

Hi @Fathom.
Nice to meet you. For auto inventory updating to work, each variation needs its own collection item. I’m more than happy to help you navigate what’s possible. Is there a time you’re available to chat today or later this week? Please private message me.

Thanks,
Josh

Hey Foxy, just a quick question for clarity:

Do i need a webflow ecommerce plan in order to use foxy?

Or is a $16month CMS plan (non-ecommerce) sufficient to use foxy?

Thanks!

Hi @bitteusz.
Foxy will work with any Webflow plan, but we recommend a CMS plan (if you have multiple products to manage). Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. We’re happy to help!

Thanks,
Josh

Howdy Foxy!

We’re trying to get some online ordering off the ground during the current pandemic, but we want to use our existing merchant provider, Moneris. As we understand it, if we go through you, we can do that.

I’ve already created a rough e-commerce site in webflow (sandstone-to-go.webflow.io) which will redirect to our custom URL (sandstonegrillhouse.com). How do I integrate foxy into the current set up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi @dradice.
Thank you for getting in touch. If you haven’t already, please send us an email with your Webflow Read-only Link and details on your specific needs. We’ll then be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Josh

Oops. Just saw your email. We’ll follow up there.

Thanks,
Josh

I’m trying to add a few custom input fields to a Product to allow the customer to personalize it. I was exploring this option: https://support.foxy.io/portal/kb/articles/create-a-purchase-form-with-webflows-form-builder

Would the custom inputs given by the user be captured in Foxy’s Order Process?

Hi @samanalie.
Thank you for getting in touch. Yes, any information collected in the Foxy purchase form will be available in email receipts, Foxy transactions, API, webhooks, and Zapier.

Feel free to email us your Webflow Read-only Link and we’ll take a look at your setup and help with any questions/needs you may have: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
josh

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

We haven’t started incorporating Foxy into webflow just yet. Still trying to figure out if all our requirements could be met by it before we jump in headfirst :slight_smile:

Our requirement is that there would be a Product (an activity pack), that includes a customizable letter. The user should be able to fill in some info on that letter template (about 3 custom input fields) and then add to cart. Ideally, the info they added in the custom fields should be visible to them in the checkout page next to each product.

Would this be feasible with Foxy? And could you explain how the typical order processing would work from there onwards? And what aspects does Foxy handle, and what aspect would need to be handled separately?

Thanks!

Hi @samanalie.
Happy to help. Yes, this is all possible with Foxy. The add to cart form with the different custom fields will happen in Webflow, using Webflow’s form builder.

Once the customer clicks add to cart, that’s when Foxy comes into play, displaying the cart and allowing the customer to proceed to checkout and finalize order. More info on what Foxy does and doesn’t do can be found here: What Foxy Does | Foxy.io

Please let us know when you get started and we can walk you through things step by step.

Thanks,
Josh