Zapier integration not working when using another form action

I currently use zapier to send my form data from Webflow to ActiveCampaign. This works fine for me however I also want to have a re-direct url that passes the email parameter within it. So that the URL looks like this yoursite.com/thank-you?email=yourname%40domain.com

However when I set the form action to the second page’s URL, the original zapier integration seems to stop working. (Not being triggered)

Is this because there can only be one action per form or am I doing something wrong?

Can you please help me @cyberdave, @samliew

Any help is much appreciated.

I don’t mind helping, but without seeing how it is currently working I cannot suggest anything.

Hi Sam, thank you for responding. Here are some more details.

What I’m ultimately trying to achieve is the ability to send the form submission to Zapier and redirect them to a second page that includes their email parameter in the URL. Currently I can get them both to work on their own, but I can’t get them to work together/at the same time.

I have set up a zapier integration to collect form submissions and send them to my email marketing software (ActiveCampaign)

Everything works fine there. But when I set another action in the form settings, the form submission fails to trigger the original zapier integration.

I set the form action to the second pages URL which gave me the desired URL effect (boardingware.com/success/subscribed?email=vincent%40boardingware.com)

The reason why I want to do this is so that I can trigger the tracking code in ActiveCampaign like this: How to Setup Site Tracking In ActiveCampaign

You can only set one action. Did you mean you want to have a dynamic redirect URL?

Yea a dynamic redirect URL that passes the email parameter.

Is that possible to have that as well as the zapier integration (It uses the webflow form submission as a trigger)

Seems like Redirect URL seems to work only if Action is left blank (use default Webflow form submission), and Action field can only have one action.

How does your Zapier integration work? What would it’s Action URL be?

Zapier uses the webflow form submission trigger. I don’t have to set an action or anything, I just have to choose which form to use. See screenshot above.

Can I set a dynamic redirect url in the “Redirect URL” option? or does it have to be in the action section?

Then leave Redirect URL and Action fields blank and use custom code.

DEMO: Pass form field to redirect URL

<script>
var Webflow = Webflow || [];
Webflow.push(function() {
  $('form').submit(function() {
    setTimeout(function() {
      location.href = 'https://samliew.com/webflow-expert?email=' + $('#email').val();
    }, 2000);
  });
});
</script>

I tried using that code. It successfully redirected me to the next page but still, the Zapier integration is not being triggered for some reason :confused:

I put the code in an embed element like this (within the form wrapper)

You might need to increase the number 100 to around 1000 - 2000 then, to allow the form to be sent to Webflow first.

Thank you very much. It’s now working properly

Hi @samliew, this is really helpful for my question as well. One follow up: for the URL redirect, what syntax do I use for the URL in the href so that it passes multiple pieces of data (such as name and email)?

Thanks!

Just to clarify, when I put this in and change the URL from Top Webflow Expert Web Developer to where I need to redirect, I get email=undefined in the URL and i’m trying to fix that